Building Emotional Resilience & Raising Students Self Esteem Courses
To book your place, CLICK on the relevant Date/Location link below:
BIRMINGHAM – 26 February 2016
Building Resilience & Raising Students Self Esteem
The mental health and wellbeing of children and young people is at a critical level in the UK.
Children’s health and well-being has an impact on their educational performance, achievements, development, as well as their emotional and psychological wellbeing in adulthood.
Children respond to stress, distress and trauma in different ways and some are adopting unhealthy strategies to manage their overwhelming emotions. Resilience is also dependent on their perception of an event.
The UK government has identified the need for improvements to be made and has placed a great deal of pressure and expectations on schools to nurture students’ health and wellbeing.
“The key to building resilience, prevention and early recognition of mental health issues and the reduction of stigma is the vital role that schools can play around children’s mental health and the need to have mental health on the national curriculum………..The role of schools in the reduction of stigma, prevention, early recognition of mental health problems, early intervention and the promotion of recovery is seen to be key to the future mental health and well-being of children and young people” Dept of Health (DOH)
This One Day Course will assist schools in adopting a whole school approach to emotional health and wellbeing for pupils, to enable them to:
– ‘Bounce back’ from adversity
– Adapt positively to their circumstances
– Develop self awareness
– Adopt healthy strategies for managing stress
– Improve their resilience
– Build upon their self esteem levels
– Use strategies for building emotional intelligence
– Gain strength from and by overcoming their challenges and difficulties
The Course could also assist schools in moving towards bridging the gap with parents
Who Should Attend?
- Pastoral Managers
- Emotional Guidance Counsellors
- Designated Safeguarding Person
- Educational Psychologists
- Behaviour Managers
- School Counsellors
- Deputy Heads
- Student Support Managers
- Assistant Heads
- Welfare Officer
- Emotional Wellbeing leads
- School Nurse
- Home/School Family Liaison
- Form Tutors
- PSHE leads
- Family Liaison/Advice Worker
- Inclusion Managers
- Vice Principals
- Attendance and Support Officers
- Career, Advice & Guidance Workers
How To Book:
4 Ways To Book Your Place Today:
- Priority Registration Form Here:
- Book Online by Clicking on the relevant Date/Location Link above
- Telephone: 0121 551 1668
- Email: jh AT stepup-international.co.uk
PS: Places will fill up quickly. Book Your Place Today To Avoid Disappointment!
This website is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Step Up! International Ltd & Jennifer McLeod assert its right to intellectual property and copyright of all content.